- Panama Central School District
Emergency Broadband Benefit
What is the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program?
In March 2021, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) officially launched The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program, which is designed to provide support for broadband services and certain devices to help low-income households stay connected. Visit getemergencybroadband.org today to learn more about this program or to enroll. Please note that the site may be overwhelmed since enrollment just began.
Under the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program, eligible households can get a subsidy of up to $50 per month on internet service. Households on federally recognized Tribal lands can receive up to $75/month.
Who is eligible for the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program?
A household is eligible if one member of the household has:
- experienced a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020 due to layoffs/furloughs
- received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
- receives benefits under the free or reduced school lunch or school breakfast program
- meets the eligibility criteria for a participating broadband Internet service provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program
- qualifies for the Lifeline program by participating in SNAP, Medicaid, SSI, FPHA, or Veterans & Survivors Pension Benefit
- has an income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- lives on Tribal lands qualifying for Tribal-specific federal assistance program
How long do funds for the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program last?
Until the funding runs out.
Do applications for the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program expire?
Yes – applications expire after 45 days if they have not been finalized.
Emergency Broadband Support Center Hotline: (833) 511-0311 or email EBBHelp@USAC.org. The hotline is open from 9am-9pm ET, 7 days a week.
Register for the Emergency Broadband Benefit Day of Action webinar, held by the New York State Library in partnership with Next Century Cities and the New York State Broadband Office on Friday, May 14th at 1:00 pm.
Register for the webinar on the Emergency Connectivity Fund (ECF) on Friday, June 4 from 2-3:30 pm.
Visit the LibGuide on the Emergency Broadband Benefit for more information, webinars, resources, and outreach materials.