School Social Worker
Hi! I'm Dane Simmons and I've been a school counselor at Panama Central School for 20 years. I currently work with all students in grades 7-12. I received my undergraduate degree from the University of Buffalo and my master's degree from St. Bonaventure University. If you have any questions please feel welcome to call or email me.
Hi, I'm Ms. Laura Myers, the school psychologist in grades K-12 at Panama Central School. As the school psychologist, I'm a member of the school teams that support students' ability to learn and teachers' ability to teach. I provide expertise in mental health, learning, and behavior, to help students succeed academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally.
As a school psychologist, I partner with families, teachers, school administrators, and other professionals to create safe, healthy, and supportive learning environments that strengthen connections between home, school, and the community.
Hi! I’m Miss Brunecz. As an alumnus of PCS, I’m so excited to be here as a staff member! The role of the School Social Worker includes connecting the school and community to provide services to students, families and school personnel to support and promote student’s social and academic success.
- Assessing students with mental health concerns
- Providing crisis intervention
- Developing intervention strategies to increase success
- Assist with anger management and conflict resolution
- Help students develop social-emotional skills
- Work with the families to assess situations outside of school that may be affecting the child’s education and to work with the family to support their children’s adjustment to school and alleviate family stresses that may be impacting the student at school
- Obtain and coordinate resources within the community to meet students’ needs
- Assisting the school district to receive support from social and mental health agencies
The role of the School Social Worker provides support to both the students as well as their families. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me!