Board of Education Goals
Board of Education:
- Provide a "board buddy" to each new board member.
- Make better connections with staff by having staff reports at board meetings and receive staff updates from the administration on a regular basis.
- Utilize District plans to ensure appropriate use of financial resources and expand the learning opportunities for students.
- Make Middle Level (grades 6 - 8) programming a priority to instill the need for education in students and parents.
- Stay current on school district federal and state requirements and utilize professional development opportunities to develop vision for the District.
- Expand efficiency and capacity by sharing resources through partnerships with other school districts, outside agencies and municipal governments.
- Support differentiated and alternative Middle Level programs that engage students in school.
- Use available resources to provide learning opportunities outside of the school district options.
- Increase achievement for all students while recognizing their diverse needs.
- Promote an atmosphere of cooperation while increasing standards.
- Develop Staff Learning Communities to target and strengthen instructional practices.
- Use updated resources, including technology, as tools to engage all learners.
- Strengthen adults and students resolve to achieve high standards.
- Work to promote the District's positives within the school and District.